Friday 30 October 2009

Where is the Love?

Every time I see an elderly couple holding hands, laughing or just plain enjoying each other's company, I feel really happy. I get a little teary eyed even, especially now when my hormones are all messed up.

I wish we would still be laughing and having fun when we are 60. Just like watching the first 10 minutes of the animated movie Up! Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Not all old couples are so loving after a few decades. Even couples who are together for just a decade aren't that into each other anymore. Do people just grow apart after a while? Does it really take a lot of work and effort just to make love work? Personally, it should really be effortless, because it is love! Like you wouldn't mind the strange quirky habits, and in some unexplainable way, you love those habits secretly because they make your partner who he or she is. My friend once said, I am not complaining about the chores I do daily, because I am in love and I am doing it willingly. I couldn't agree more. I suppose I would be really whining about it if I didn't love him all that much. So, in that sense, I don't feel that it is a lot of effort. ALTHOUGH IT IS STILL NICE IF HE ASKS ONCE IN A WHILE IF HE CAN GET ANYTHING DONE FOR ME.

Like how it isn't much effort to shop for a present for him, or how it isn't too much effort to come up with new stuff we can do together. Like how I enjoy waking up and making breakfast for him on some mornings when all I want to go is to sleep in. It is in the state of mind when you do such things. If you are happy, you won't feel like it is a lot of work. If you are doing some stuff grudgingly, then it becomes a chore and then it feels like you have to put in a lot of effort.

I wonder if I am making any sense to anyone at all.

No comments: