Saturday 10 October 2009

Plain Disgusting

The drink that I had to drink is the most horrible ever. I had to get tested for gestational diabetes and had to down this horribly sweet and warm syrup. Let me tell you, it is almost as thick as sugar syrup!

I do not know if I had a sugar high right after the drink or was I just so sick after it, I had a dizzy spell right after that. I had to sit down for about 10 minutes before I could start to walk. We did think about taking a little walk after the test, but ended up driving to Geylang to get some la piah. How strange to buy la piah right after a glucose test. I wasn't in the mood or state to be walking around. The worse part is, I wasn't allowed to drink any water after that for 2 miserable hours. I fasted the night before the test, did the test and had to tahan 2 more hours! They gave me a little warm water to get rid of the remaining sugared drink that was in my mouth. All I really needed a nice icy cold glass of water. Funny thing is, I never really crave for any sugary stuff before this test, but when I was asked to fast, anything sweet that I saw, I just wanna eat!

The next time I had to visit my obstetrician, I will not eat for at least 2 hours prior. It is a lesson learnt. I wouldn't want to see anymore sugar in my pee and then get an order to down this cup of nastiness again.

No comments: