Tuesday 6 October 2009

Getting my Kitchen Mojo Back


Happiness is mucking around in the kitchen.

I spent almost the entire day in the kitchen last Friday. I am glad that I did that. I miss just getting busy in there, messing about all by myself. In the morning, I did a lemon chiffon glow - which really is a fancier name for lemon chiffon cake really. It turned out pretty alright, though I suspect that I should bake it a wee bit longer. Oh and the night before I made some konnyaku jellies again. The Husband loves those things, so I made those once in a while.


The bottle of grappa was the best thing I could find around the house to balance the cake after it was baked. The last time I baked a chiffon was when I was still in secondary school and I really can't remember having to balance the cake upside down on a bottle of something.




I made dinner too on Friday! A meatloaf with an arugula tomato salad. The only photo I have of the meatloaf is the one above. Not too savoury looking since it is raw. But we had a good dinner last Friday :) Tomorrow I will make madelaines!

2 comments:

The Sleeping Dragon said...

The chiffon cake looks absolutely gorgeous! You just gave me another craving! ;)

Boo! said...

Go make one! It is surprisingly easy :)