Friday 28 August 2009

Reading

When I showed The Husband the books I bought for The Little One, he proclaimed that those fabric flip things are not books. I thought it was more visual than anything else, plus flipping will get her to love books. The Husband mentioned too that he will give me a $200 allowance on books for The Little One in the future. How come The Wife doesn't get that kind of allowance????????????

Of course, I didn't wait for the future to come to start with the book allowance. I went yesterday and bought a few books already. Kinokuniya has a 20 percent leh, must buy! I bought The Gruffalo, which is really really cute with ryhmes that are well written. I bought a few Eric Carle books too, because I love the illustrations. By experience, I know kids are always quite interested when I whip out a Eric Carle book. I bought a Dr Suess as well. The Husband doesn't really dig Dr Seuss, saying the characters are freaky. I do agree, some of the characters are a little scary but I like the ryhmes!

I bought a book for The Husband too. He was interested in this particular George Orwell book we saw in Kino the other day, but I didn't bring out my Kino card. It is nice that he is finally showing some kind of interest in wanting to read books again. :) He isn't too into my books, which are mostly fiction. He likes to read about stuff like ideas and thoughts. Maybe he would find Nietzsche interesting. I've been wanting to read Charles Darwin, but have been putting it off, for fear that I will be totally clueless what he was writing about.

It is nice if he keeps up this reading habit. It will be fun to shop for books for the whole family instead of just myself!
Just for your information, on top of all the books for The Little One, a book for The Husband and a book for myself, I still have 50 bucks left over from the allowance!

No comments: