Friday 28 August 2009

List of Stuff to Buy for the Little One

This list is exhaustively long! The list for now, til I can think of other stuff to add in...

Clothes
3-10 vests or onesies
4-7 sets of PJs
1 Sleeping gown
1 lightweight sweater
1-3 hats (one with a brim and 2 without)
2-3 pairs of booties and mittens

3 bibs

Linen
3-4 fitted sheets
2 waterproof pads
2 quilted mattress pads
2-3 receiving blankets
3 terry cloth towels
2-3 wash cloths
1 dozen nappies

Grooming
Baby soap
Baby shampoo
Bath tub
Baby oil
Nappy rash cream
Diapers
Wet wipes
Cotton balls
Baby clippers
Baby comb
Yu Yee Yu

Medicine Cabinet
Thermometer
Rubbing alcohol
Nasal aspirator
Tweezers
Sterile bandages and gauze pads
Adhesive tape

Feeding Supplies
4 8oz bottles
Bottle and nipple brush
Bottle sterilizer
Bottle and food warmer
Breast pump
Detergent for washing bottles, nipples and the breast pump.

Nursery
Cot
Mattress
Chest of drawers
Book shelf
Night light
Stroller
Car seat

For The Mum
Nursing Bras
Nipple cream
Nipple shields
Maternity pads
Breast feeding support pillow

Nice to Haves
Books!
Baby swing
FisherPrice's Rainforest Melodies and Light Deluxe Gym
Bumbo chair
Teething toys
Mobile to hang from the cot
Rattles and other sounding making colourful toys
Er, toys from Plan Toys
Stokke Tripp Trapp
I have more than enough clothes, so that, I am not worried about. I do not know how big she is going to be, how to buy??? Buy too small, she will outgrow them in 2 weeks, too big, the clothes will fit really loose. Doctor says she is average size with long legs. Should I tell that to the sales person at Mothercare? I will not think about clothes til she pops out.

I have all her linen ready. I just wonder if I really do need a waterproof pad for the cot. Is it a must? I bought one anyway, just in case. I really do need to ask friends with kids for advice. Trouble is, I do not have a lot of friends with kids.

California Baby or Sebamed? I am thinking of Mustela too. California Baby is very pricey, cute cute packaging though. Sebamed seems good, so does Mustela. All promise to be gentle and moisturising. Some products even claim to have calming properties! California Baby has non-talc powder! All of them have those 2 in one wash. Can use for both hair and body. All of them have bubble baths!

We bought just one big item and that is the cot. Next thing we must must must, absolutely must buy will be the car seat. The last big item will be the stroller. I will get a chest of drawers from the neighbourhood store and then maybe an inexpensive book shelf that will double as a storage space for her toys from Ikea. The nursery will not be up for now. Chinese pantang, says cannot do renovation during the pregnant months. I am hoping to get her room ready by the time she hits one.

No comments: