Friday 13 March 2009

Scale


I bought it! I bought it!

Finally!


My digital scale and it is bright red. Gloomy times call for colours like these to perk us up a little. No more guesstimating the amount of flour sugar and butter. My old kitchen scale is horribly inaccurate. Just when I thought I had the flour at 250g, I pushed the bowl (or container) down gently on the scale and I get 270g. What the hell....... I will still keep the old scale for sentimental reasons. It has been with me for the longest time! What do you know? I am a hoarder! Actually, I most conveniently took it away from my mum when I moved into my own place. I think there must be more than a scale at her place then, if not, how my sisters bake now ha? Buy new scale is it? Ooops!

It is tough to use to for cakes, where you need to be more precise and that scale is anything but precise. Great if making just cookies, no need to be as accurate. Next week, I will attempt some fruit tarts or even a swiss roll. Gosh, I have never attempted another swiss roll in my life, ever since I cookie-fied my swiss roll when I was about 14. Instead of rolling, my roll cracked and it tasted like cookies. I love swiss rolls, jam rolls, jelly roulade whatever you go them, I love them! Yes, need to overcome my fear and get down to making one soon!

No comments: