Tuesday 17 March 2009

Sakura, Sakura...

Did you noticed? There seem to be flowers everywhere in Singapore recently. Sometimes, we would drive past a road lined with trees in all its full bloom glory. I couldn't resist but to tell The Husband to look at the glorious glorious trees, although he really should be keeping his eyes on the roads. A sight for sore eyes indeed!

A lot of pink ones that look like sakuras, wonder what trees those are. I had this really weird dream a week or two ago. I dreamt that I was at this place that was filled with sakuras, I have no idea where I was, no idea what was happening. I seem to be floating around a bit too. Very trippy dream, you know, like those zero gravity dreams, but I like it. A sakura dream and then a lot of sakura lookalikes here, is someone trying to tell me something?

"Please go make another trip to Japan already!"

it seems to be telling me. Hmm.. I must tell this to The Husband, who incidentally, was browsing the Japan photos last week, and he was telling me that he missed the place.

It really feels like spring, and that makes me wanna take off my shoes, walk in a park, dance on the grass and throw a huge Mad Hatter's tea party! Except that when I get out of the car, get reminded of the humidity level in Singapore and then I realise that I must be crazy to want to have a tea party at 3pm in a park in Singapore. Some more, the grass here not very nice to dance on....

Must be the hot hot afternoons and heavy downpours in the later part of the day. We seem to get downpours that last for hours now, with lightning and thunder and gusty winds! How strange for that to happen at this time of the year. Hot afternoons and some really cool evenings are very pleasant, especially cool cool evenings.

I hope the flowers will stay long enough for me to take some pictures! As you can see, the only one I have is the one I took in my car while we were driving.

3 comments:

nephos said...

I noticed the same trend too!!! There are the same type of trees close to Paya Lebar MRT that I pass by every morning on the way to work. Problem is... when I get back home from work... its almost night fall so not exactly good lighting to take fallen flowers.

Boo! said...

nice eh?

take pictures when you go to work lah! Saturday or Sunday also can what

nephos said...

Aiyoh! Told you liao. My office got no camera policy. Lay chey.