Monday 2 March 2009

The Esplanade

I have not photographed the Esplanade before. Not that I think that it is ugly, just never got down to photographing it. I will tell you what is ugly - the Merlion. It is a national embarrassment!

Wait, I do have a photo on second thought. It wasn't meant to be a Esplanade photo though. I took it way up from the Swissotel the Stamford, now known as Fairmont, formerly Westin Stamford. They really got to stop the name changes, confusing people all the time. Just as everybody was getting used to it being the Swissotel, Fairmont had to take over. Please lah, Fairmont is not a very memorable name and not catchy enough. Quite blah sounding. Anyone who is going to take over the hotel next time should just named it The Stamford. So no matter how many hands have been changed, there will not be so much confusion.

Now, where was I?

Oh yes, I took a photo of the Singapore CBD way up from that high tea cafe which name, I can't recall for now. It wasn't too successful that photo. (either was the high tea) It was taken during a pano phase that I was going through. The pano photo started from the flyer... went all the way to include Benjamin Sheares Bridge, The Esplanade, The skyscrapers in CBD, the Padang and City Hall. I suspect the Cricket Club is also in the photo. Talk about over zealous panoramic takes.

Speaking of that panoramic phase....


A panoramic shot of Keppel Club!

Back to the Esplanade... Sunday started out nice and bright and we decided to take a walk around town. When I got to Esplanade, there were dark clouds looming above the durian!

So much for nice and sunny.
With grey clouds as background.. the photos didn't turn out well. I took 2 photos because was too distracted by the Merlion, which had part of its head blasted into smithereens by lightning! Too busy gloating to seriously think about taking photo. Some more so hot! Twas still hot despite the angry looking grey clouds ok! As we continued on, the clouds parted to reveal the blue sky. ARGH!

We have been talking about attending a SSO concert for years and that never happened. We need to get down to that by the end of 09. I miss SSO concerts, I hope that the tickets will still be afforable!

No comments: