Thursday 11 December 2008

Marina Barrage

I went for my first 'proper' night shoot. I took a few 'proper' shots and soon get a little bored. So I started taking some bo liao photos. I really should read up a little more about night photography, I didn't quite like how my photos turn out. The Marina Barrage is pretty interesting, and it helped that it was cool and windy when we went. Worth a peek. There is a cafe somewhere and the steamboat place that used to be in 7th Storey Hotel is now at the Marina Barrage. I may go back to the Marina Barrage in the day to see how different the place will look, plus there is some kind of gallery too. Something on water and and PUB obviously.

We set off in the car, and I forgot my tripod, and I decided that we had to go back home to retrieve it. Very unlike me. Most times, I would not go back for the tripod. But, I wanted to do a proper night shoot this time. Such commitment! I had quite a bit of fun, though I am not hooked on shooting at night. I would try again, if the weather is nice and windy. Hopefully, with more understanding, and more practise, I will get a teeny bit better.

These are the bo liao ones. I got a little enthusiastic with the zooming in and out, that it get out of hand. The Husband had to step in and told me that I was getting OTT and made me stop.

No comments: