Friday 12 December 2008

How I choose my Friends

Must love Indian food. Singapore has a very happening Little Indian and it is sad to find out how many non-Indians have not ventured into Little India and check out the shops and eateries there. It is not the lack of love for the Tandoori chicken really. More so for the reason that people are not willing to get to know the other cultures better. We have all embraced Ang Mo cultures and Japanese culture. Why not try to know the local ones more intimately? Some people only know how to go to Orchard Road, then they complain about having nothing to do in Singapore. I admit lah, other than the food, I know close to nothing!

Generally, they must love to eat. Not in excess, but really love to eat. You feel good, being around people like that.

I avoid people who takes themselves too seriously. People who walk around, thinking that they are so special. The ones who do not have the ability to laugh at themselves. They are the same as the people who do all the cool stuff because those stuff are cool. The coolest people whom I know, are not dressed cool, they have no cool gadgets or hobbies. Somehow, seeing them being so comfortable in their own skin, makes them so. Yeah, I no like pretenders.

I don't like stingy people. I don't like it when they try to rip me off by conveniently forgetting to pay for their meals or drinks when you fork up with the money first. YOU KNOW WHAT???? MOST PEOPLE REMEMBER! AND THEY REMEMBER IT FOR A LONG LONG LONG TIME! These stingy asses will argue and bargain really HARD for the sake of a couple of bucks. Those who will take advantage of your generosity, those who will ask for that dollar back from you when you where out of short change to buy the papers. Stinginess is very unattractive. Makes me feel that those people are too uptight to have fun. You wonder how much a friend that person is when he asks for the few bucks back for the latte he bought for you at Starbucks when you have paid many times and never once asked for any money in return.

I can't stand born and bred Singaporean Chinese pretending they do not know how to speak Mandarin. They are usually the ones with the fake accents. Buay tahan.

Most of my friends are very honest with me. They will tell me when they think I am making the wrong decision, or talk me through things that I am confused with. They are with me when I go through some bad times, let me talk incessantly when I need to. They make me feel that I am not as bad as I think I am, without sugar coating too much. I am very grateful to have them.

Everybody has that competitive friend in their lives. The one who will compete in anything. Jobs, hobbies, travels, family lives, love lives, how their pet guppies are smarter than yours. Those people are toxic!

The one who talks about herself and herself only. This friend is the one who doesn't really care about what really is going on in your life. she cuts you off when you try to talk or gives a one line answer or comment. Why do they not realise that their friends are busy because it is the excuse they give to avoid her?

Friends who put you down to make themselves feel better. They are the ones who will not feel happy for you when you tell them good things that happened to yourself. Instead, will tell you something negative.

Friends who think you know nothing better. Argh. I hate being treated like that. It has happened a few times. I wonder what is it that makes people do that to me. DO I really look like an idiot?

Lastly, they must love Seinfeld. I don't get people who don't get Seinfeld.

3 comments:

nephos said...

OMG!!! Seinfeld is THE ultimate TV show.

Boo! said...

Are you saying that just so that you can be my friend?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

nephos said...

Har??? You mean I'm not your friend? *sob sob*