Friday 26 December 2008

Christmas

Now that the insanity is over, I can finally breathe!

I had the family dinner moved to the weekend before Christmas before Nicholas jets off to HK. It is nice this way, no rushing and jostling with the maddening crowd. I has a few presents this year. It is always nice to receive them, more so from loved ones. More more so when there is extra thought put into them! I had a Miffy stuffed toy from my brother. That cracked me up! He got someone to get it from god-knows-which-part-of -the-world and had it sent to Singapore, just for me! Now, tell me if that doesn't make anyone feel special. I just wished I got him something equally special. I try harder next year alright? Even my cousin got me something. It is nice to know that he appreciates the times when I took him out for coffee or ice cream or movies. The best thing of all, was having everyone together. It is always nice to see everyone around at the same time.

I am always feeling generous around this time of the year. I got The Husband a watch. Something that he really really fancies, but never had the heart to part with the money and buy it for himself. He has never hesitated in buying anything that I want. (Well, almost never, I am still waiting for my Kelly.) I thought I just indulge him a little and get him a slightly more expensive item this year. I did tell him though, that it is also his birthday, wedding anniversary and also, Valentine's Day pressie. We never really had the habit in buying gifts on special occasions all the time, I thought I make this one really special.

We have a great time over at Elaine's for Christmas lunch. More like a late lunch that spilled over to dinner actually. I can't remember the last time we spend this day together. We should do this again next year!

I love Christmas, not only for the food that I can get to eat, but also, it is a time when I show people how much I love them. People tend to get a little sentimental and a little mushy during this time of the year, and without them even saying it out loud, I know I do mean something to a lot of people.

No comments: