Sunday 7 June 2009

Charity Run

I can't remember the last time I had to wake up at 5.30 in the morning. Surprisingly, I didn't feel too tired. So what on earth could anything or anyone make us get out of our super comfy bed on a Saturday morning?

A charity walk! See, The Husband is so enthusiastic about it, he matched his walking outfit with his shoes!

I almost forgot how pleasantly quiet it is this early in the morning. I may just get up this early just to see the colour changes in the sky. It reminds me of my school days and my hotel working days. Morning shifts start at seven and I had to catch the first bus to work. Other than having to get up at about 4.45am, it was mostly pleasant. I had to catch the first bus in order to be at work on time. Most of the time, it is near empty and zero traffic jams. Actually, I do still have time to spare, I just like getting to work earlier, do the hand over from colleagues so that they can go back at 7am sharp. I start work at 7am when I work as a preschool teacher too. I like being there earlier to open up the windows, settle down a little before the first kid arrives. Thinking back, I miss walking to work, listening to my music. I am even early during school days, I get to school at about 7am or a little earlier than that. I like just chilling out with some of my classmates, settle down a little before the morning assembly. From school days to work days, I have the habit of having a nice hot shower then read the papers with my breakfast. Even now, the first thing I do is shower, then breakfast and papers. See, I really like my routines.

It was pretty fun, walking for 5km along East Coast Park. It was supposed to be 10km, I doubt I would be able to do it now, maybe a few months ago, but definitely not now. There was a nice sea breeze and it was great to feel the morning sun in my face. It was a good thing the walk started at 8am, taking about an hour. I wouldn't think I would feel too great with the 10am sun in my face. It was really hot that day!

I came up with the brilliant idea of patronising my former classmate's noodle stall in Whampoa. We have talked about paying him a visit for ages, so on that, together with 2 other classmates, we headed down to the stall. Mai siao siao okay, his stall is huge. It takes up 2 lots and there was a queue. It is nice to see him again, and a little strange seeing him cook. But man, I do feel happy for him. He look happily busy. He was too busy talk, he wasn't able to take a breather with a constant queue of hungry customers breathing down his neck. I forgot to take a photo! I could have done a little advertising for him here. His noodles are good, very al dente!

No comments: