Wednesday 17 September 2008

Walkabout



I walk around a little yesterday on my way to City Hall to peek at the Biennale's exhibits. This year's Biennale seem more organised, having most of the stuff situated in the same area. Two years ago, all the exhibits were scattered all over the place, a little piece here, and a little piece there. Pure madness, trying to view them all, I gave up after 2 weekends, and I didn't see like half the stuff. That said, it was pretty interesting too, going to all the little spots all over the island. I need to take another photo of St Andrew's. I took just one, didn't really review it too much (I can't see the screen too well anyway, being blinded by the sun), since I was almost having a headache, standing under the hot sun. Next time, I will take sure the roof is not covered.
I was in City Hall for more than 2 hours, the South Beach Development will have to wait. I was tired from all the viewing and also, it was a bleeding hot day. Hot days have the knack of zapping all the energy out of me. And I was carrying so many things! Try carring a camera, and a haversack, and also the audio kit that I borrowed from the Biennale people. On top of that, I had the guide and map of the exhibits in my hand. Good thing I had my cargos on. I retreated to the comfort of an air conditioned mall which is Raffles City. How Singaporean. I was glad that I went on a weekday. Not too many people - I think I saw 20 different faces. So, if you are interested, go on a weekday. Unemployment rules!

No comments: