Friday 26 September 2008

Visitors


Having lived in Bukit Batok for almost 2 years, we have seen plenty of weird bugs. Living near a nature reserve does have its perks!

There are green looking insects that love hanging around the kitchen windows, there are a lot of moths and little golden beetles - those are really common. We do have the occasional lady bug dropping by, but they are pretty rare. There was once this grasshopper that was singing so loudly in the bathroom, the husband got so irritated, drowned the poor bug(ger), since then, there are no more singing grasshoppers.

One of the more interesting ones was this 20cm long stick insect. I have a picture of it somewhere, dunno where the photo went. Just two mornings ago, I saw this HUGE beetle on my window ledge. I have never seen one so big that isn't in some enclosure!

We also get a lot of bugs flying in in the evening, only to discover a lot of them dead the next morning. I see them dead bodies on the floor all the time. At least once a week. I used to have ants doing the undertaking, but somehow, the ants are gone.

No comments: