Monday 8 September 2008

Home Indulgences

I must confess, I dislike ironing my bedsheets. I used to hate it, now I just dislike it, only because I can iron them faster now. As much as I hate it, I can never have them go unironed, because I love to lie on well-ironed sheets. It is pure luxury. I love the way the bed looks with nicely ironed sheets, I even love how the sheets look nicely folded after ironing and how they smell of lavender scented linen water. This experience can only be better if the sheets are pure Egyptian cotton with a thread count of at least 300. Alas, I only have a set of those right now. I strike Toto or 4D, I will change all my bed linen to Egyptian cotton! Utter heaven! We are going to spend a third of our lives in bed, I would spend some dear money on it. Nice mattress, with a nice sturdy bed frame, with clean sheets that are nicely ironed. Sometimes I wish I can send them to the cleaners, but I am super picky with the house chores, a control freak when it comes to cleaning, I would rather do it myself, knowing that they are really clean rather than them looking clean. God knows what other stuff they got mixed in with in the machine. I shudder at that thought. Perhaps nothing, but I sure as hell not going to risk that. In some twisted way, I do find self-ironed more satisfying then those that are done professionally. As much as I hate it, it comes with some form of satisfaction lying on sheets that you are ironed yourself.

I hate cleaning toilets, and the Husband has suggested so many times that we get a helper. Yes, a cleaner will be a home indulgence. Not only clean the toilets, but the windows as well! I wish I can! I just can't seem to allow that now. I need to know that it is really cleaned properly, MY WAY. I am anal like that, if I have a maid, she will hate me. I scrub with a little toothbrush around the tap, behind the pipes, and those little corners that you can't reach without a toothbrush. usually takes me about an hour to clean a toilet. Can you beat that? Most people I know, take just half and hour. I wonder what I can do to attain that kinda speed. (CUT DOWN ON THE TOOTHBRUSH BRUSHING!) Note how the Husband suggests getting a cleaner and not offer to clean the toilets for me?

Other indulgences will be a KitchenAid mixer. I have been thinking about one for a while already! It needs to be white, no matter how the Husband says the how fantastic the dark grey one looks. That and a Cuisinart food processor. I don't even have a pestle and mortar let alone a food processor.

I have a fear of knives, I am getting better now, when I was younger, I will get nervous holding a kitchen knife. I would be imagining morbid things like how it would feel like if I sliced off my finger by accident or how it would hurt to have it plunge into my body. I hate it when I see my Home Economics teacher walking and talking and talking at the same time, with the knife in her hand. I always felt that an accident was going to happen soon. That said, I am now hankering for a set of Wusthof knives. I really have no clue why a less than average cook like me needs an expensive set of knives like that.

A fine bone china tea set will be a fabulous thing to have. I am really happy with my Hario teapot, but sometimes, you want to a girly looking set to make having tea more pleasurable. I want the Nursery Rhymes set from Whittard! It is CUTE! TOO CUTE!

No comments: