Monday 1 September 2008

Sigma

I finally bought my Sigma 10-20mm wide angle lens! I have been thinking about it for months! Reading reviews after reviews, comparing with other brands, and still I am back to this baby.


Another Canon lens is not going to be too possible now, with them costing so much. I am now pretty much happy, with a zoom lens and a wide angle lens. The next possible one that I may consider might be a fast prime lens like a sigma 50mm f2.8 or a Canon EF 50mm f1.8 since I like taking portraits. That will come when I feel the itch to but another lens again. Next year perhaps.

Now I need to buy ND filters! What I really do need now is a dry cabinet. I need to for my lenses, my other cameras and video camera.

Photography is an expensive hobby. Having a DSLR breeds want. You want zoom lens, and then wide angle lens, then macro lens and prime lens. You want UV filters for all your lenses, then polarisers and then ND filters. You want extra batteries.You want extra memory cards. You want flashgun. You want diffuser. (actually, you can make one with the Meiji milk carton) You want tripod. You want a smaller tripod with the bendy legs because it looks so cute. You want a wireless controller when sometimes the timer just will not do. You want reflectors.

After having it all, you want a new DSLR.

I tried the lens the day I bought it. With the dynamic perspective that you can achieve with this lens, everything seems more dramatic. It is quiet and fast, focuses better than the Sigma telephoto that I have as well. It will be great for landscapes! I took this photo with the lens, it is hard to see the difference with nothing to compare it with.

No comments: