Monday 5 May 2008

Things that I Can't Live Without.

Lip balm - So that I will not have horrid looking chapped lips. I don't usually use lipsticks so much, and lip balm makes me feel like I have "completed" putting on my make up. It has become a habit, it is always in my bag.

Hand cream - With the ridiculous amount of house chores that I am doing, my hands are turning hideously dry and rough. I can't let that happen!

Books - Or any reading or any reading material when I am desperate. I need to read on a daily basis, at the every least, the daily paper in the morning. Being totally engrossed and lost in a story is one of life's greatest little pleasure.

My hand phone - I can unabashedly say that I can never do without it! Used to listen to the radio while on buses, running errands til my brother got me an iPod.

My iPod - I need music when I run my errands or on trains and buses. I will go on a trip into a world of my own.

Television - For me to tune in and cop out.

Air conditioning - Bad for environment, but I can't do without it at night.

Hario kettle - Mega cute, boils water in a jiffy, great thing to have around the house when a fancy for a cup of tea, coffee, horlicks, milo or hot chocolate strikes.

The internet - Recipes, book tickets, read gossip. Chatting with friends overseas for hours would have cost a limp done over the phone. Aimless surfing, watching bo liao videos, travel tips, shopping. Finding friends whom I have lost touched with over the years. Where would we all be without it?

My little organiser - Helps me remember important dates, scribble some quotes, write nonsense, doodle, and keeps my life organised.

Coffee and tea- I can survive a day without it, but 3 days is a little stretching it. I love its nutty aroma, the slight bitterness it leaves on your tongue, its luxurious rich brown colour and how it perks me up right after. Tea is perfect after a very tiring day. It never fails to soothe and it great for a gossip session with friends!

My passport - But of course!

Water - Apart from the obvious fact that it keeps us alive, I like drinking it very cold on a very hot day. It makes me feel like I will have great skin if I drink a lot of it.

Marmalade - It is for the anglophile in me. I got to have some in the fridge. I feel grown up eating it. HAHAHAHAHA! Marmalade is an acquired taste, used to detest it when I was young.

Showers - I am a shower person not a bath person. (not that I have a bath at home anyway.) A nice hot shower at night to relax and a cold cold blast in the day to feel invigorated and refreshed. After the shower, good to slather on some Molton Brown body lotion before bed time!

Chocolates - I love those things. Makes me happy eating them. I absolutely adore Cote d'Or dark chocolate with hazelnuts. I love love anything chocolate.

Vanilla sugar - Goes very well with tea. Smells good, looks sophisticated. Good for baking too.

Iron and iron board - I have an unhealthy obsession with ironing almost everything. I need everything to look nice and pressed. From bedsheets to sleepwear.

Po Chai pills and Ju Yu Oil.

Boxes and containers - I need to keep things need and pigeonhole everything little thing at home. I think it is bordering on madness. It is pointless to tell me that I am being excessive, I already know that!

My camera - Partly to freeze memories, mostly for pure narcissistic reasons.

No comments: