Friday 23 May 2008

Blow

One day as I was blow drying my hair, there was a smoky smell coming from the hair dryer. Worried that it might burst into flames, I switched it off and took a few steps back from that smoke emitting thing. There were some tiny sparks coming out from the air vent. With that, my beloved little avocado green hair dryer took its last breath and died. I guess I dropped it one too many times.

I had it for years, that thing. It was cheap, didn't cost more than $30 and served me well. Though at times I wished I had a bigger one. I can't live without a hair dryer. I procrastinated for a day or two and went to the nearest electronic store to get a new one. I decided to splurge and got a bigger and more powerful one this time I am loving it now! Why oh why didn't I buy it earlier? Took me 2 minutes to dry my hair and it look great! My ancient one didn't have the cold air function, which really comes in handy. It cost more than 2 times the price of the older one, but it is worth every penny.

Now, I am careful where I put it. I make sure it sits safely away from the edge of the chest of drawers. No more wantonly chucking it into the 500 bottles of lotions, potions, beauty things that shares a tiny little box on top of the said chest of drawers Sometimes I can see the old one hanging precariously over the edge, not unlike a mountain climber who is hanging over a cliff.

No comments: