Friday 13 January 2012

New Year Resolution

I don't understand why I am making one this year. I didn't much kept to the last one. This year I will attempt to read at least 12 novels. Quite a feat for a barely-have-enough-time-to-breathe full time mum. I suppose gives me some sort of motivation to attempt to read.

You see, I bought a Kindle.

So much for saying that I will never buy one, but it is getting cheap now! I had it for a little more than half a year already and it is wonderful! I read mostly parenting stuff, but I do have a few fiction books in there that I have been meaning to read. Let's see how many books on the 2011 Booker Prize short list I can read before the long list for 2012 is out!

Don't get me wrong, I will still my paper books. Nothing beats a paper book. In fact I just bought 1Q84! After reading just a page, I realised just how much I really really miss reading novels. I think I am pretty done reading about parenting already. It is time to get back to reading fiction! I just need to get that list of 12 books done.

No comments: