Wednesday 17 August 2011

Zoo

We visited the zoo last weekend and had quite a good time. I always enjoyed visiting the zoo, although sometimes I do question what I am teaching my kid by bringing her to look at animals being caged up and not in their natural environment. I have been thinking about this issue and thought that at least, she grows up hopefully with a love for animals. From that, hopefully will learn to respect them and do more for them than I ever can. Zoos are places that should educate, and in that way, perhaps, a few animals gets 'sacrificed' and become exhibits.

I hate it when I sound like a hypocrite.



She loves the tram ride! It seems to be the highlight of the trip for her. Nope, didn't go to the water play park, since she was still having the runs and recovering. We didn't want her to get anything nasty nor infect some other poor kid.



The Sam Seng


She has finally finally accepted the hat once again. And that is due to her vanity. She has alright with one til she was about 8 months old. Everytime we want to head out outdoors, the second the hat touched her head, she would yank it off.



This trip was especially fun because she has taken more interest in the animals. She knows her animals, she has some faves and she will say the darnest things that makes us flip!

1 comment:

The Sleeping Dragon said...

I love the zoo! Especially Singapore Zoo. For the lack of natural habitat, SG really does have one of the best zoos in the world, offering quite a vast enclosures. Can't have it all, I guess, but it is one of the better ways to teach kids to appreciate animals. I can't wait to take Spud to the Zoo! Grass and space...what luxury!