Saturday 20 August 2011

Nap Time

"V, it is nap time" I said, in my softest voice, most impossibly gentlest tone.

And this is how she reacted. Over reacting this bad because she is at her grandma's and knows that grandma will take her side. Sigh.

Nap times can be such a battle these days. She will not go down without a fight. Making me read one book after another. Bargaining and bringing her tea set to bed, making me cups of tea and eating endless slices of cake. Singing song after song.

Bedtime at night is the same, she tries all ways and means to extend her waking hours as much as she can. We are both beat when she finally fall asleep. Toddlers really do not need much sleep do they? There are so much that they want to do, that sleeping seems like a big waste of time.

Sometimes when it all happens I will remember the book that I bought and say it under my breath, go the fuck to sleep my dear child.

No comments: