Thursday 2 September 2010

When She was 8 Months Old

I had meant to post a monthly progress entry, but guess what! I have no time, even when I am home all the time! So I am just catching up on my blogging...

When she was 8 months old, she started pointing at things and people. She will point to let us know that she is interested in something and we will bring her over to that interesting thing. Real cute!

She started to crawl when she was 8 months old. I thought she never would and would skipped it totally. She crawls in her own little unique way. With one foot on the floor (like squatting) and the other with the knee on the floor. She would then, take a 'step' forward with the leg that seemed to be squatting and move the other leg forward, without touching the floor. This way, she will not end up with bruised knees. Hahahaha.

She had gotten really sticky at this point. I can't even go to the bathroom without her protesting! Thankfully, she is just sticky these days and not ultra sticky. I think she has hit the 'separation anxiety' phase.

She did this weird little thing for about 2 days, pulling herself up in the cot and then letting go and landing on her bum. She was practising how to get back down safely while standing. She would do it again and again and again. really funny to watch. Before that, it would take a while before for her to get back down, some times crying for help even.

1 comment:

B's world said...

Tell you something, I used to crawl like Violet when I am almost the same months like her...Cos my niece crawls the same way, and my mum and brother told me so...