Thursday 16 September 2010

Signs

She has been imitating us quite a bit lately. I am amazed how fast she picks up those actions.

It started with the bye bye wave, then the no-no shake head move, after that she did the flying kiss - though not too accurate but cute nonetheless. She will blink her eyes if you blink eyes at her. When she hears music, she will wave her hands in the air like she just doesn't care. She dances too, when you say "dancing dancing". She will put her toy phone next to her ear when you say hello. Sometimes she will try saying hello, which sounds more than ah-o. She has the Sang Nao Jing move too, where she will put both arms on her head when you say Sang Nao Jing - which roughly means, aiyoh, you are giving me a headache!

Today, she did something that I have been waiting for a while now. She clapped her hands! Yesterday, she held both fists together and shook them up and down, as though doing the Gong Xi Fa Cai thing. Then today, I realised that she might be trying to clap her hands. So, I sang and clapped my hands and clapped some more. She was still GongXiFaCai-ing away, then before long, she attempted a clap. Wasn't really a clap but she was trying. After a few more tries, she was clapping better already. Some more got produce sound hor! Not bad leh!

When babies are learning new skills, they will practise and practise. She was clapping in the car, and when I was dressing her. getting her ready or bed. Her clap now, is good! In just a matter of hours. I am impressed!

I am hoping to see the clapping figuring itself into her dance routine, which for now, comprises just of hand waving.

I can't wait to see what she does next!

1 comment:

STAIRWAY said...

Care and diligence bring luck. Happy Tuesday.