Tuesday 26 May 2009

Kare Raisu

What happens when you are craving for some Japanese curry??

I made my own kare raisu with tonkatsu! Not bad leh, I even have a salad with wafu dressing. Beats eating out for this all the time since it is easy to make, plus it is a lot cheaper too. Too bad I have no udon at home... or I would have had curry udon with the leftover curry for lunch. Japanese curry doesn't taste much like the curry that we are used to eating. It is sweet, even the hottest curry paste that supermarkets are selling are sweet. To me, that is the point of eating Japanese curry, because it is different. Sometimes, you crave for the spicy chicken curry that your mum makes, sometimes the fish head curry from the Indian stalls and sometimes Japanese curry. Even prata curries are different. I just treat all of them as totally different dishes.

We just need to clean up after that, which can be quite a chore for The Husband. He did comment that the cleaning up part doesn't feel too much of a chore now... and that is after cleaning up for 2 1/2 years. Yep, that is how long it took him to get used to cleaning up. Can't really blame him though, because MY cleaning up after cooking every meal, can be pretty tedious - apart from washing up the pots and the pans, my cleaning involves giving the stove area a good thorough clean down, remove most things off the work station, and wipe it with a disinfectant, I hose down the sink area and scrub the sink. Then I will proceed to sweep and mop the kitchen floor. I will soak all the kitchen cloth in some detergent and some bleach.

I do this after cooking one single meal. If I cook like 4 nights a week, I will do this cleaning ritual 4 times a week. Some will think it is a little too much, but this is how I do it, or I will not feel that the kitchen is clean enough. I do make exceptions though. Like if I just use the oven to bake, then I might skip the mopping, and of course, there aren't stoves to clean if I just use the oven.

4 comments:

The Sleeping Dragon said...

Man! You are a bit of an OCD, eh! :p I think I'd die of exhaustion if I do what you do! haa haa! hats off to you on cleaning. *kowtow*

Boo! said...

Hahahaha! Yah, most of my friends do so too, and I do secretly admit to myself that I am one... I just can't help it! I wish I can be a little more relaxed though...

I wouldn't write too much of my cleaning habits or people will start thinking I am a nutcase...

nephos said...

Wah... looks yummy.

Anonymous said...

"What happens when you are craving for some Japanese curry??" Like you. I make some! Usually just put it with rice though.