Friday 13 February 2009

My neighbourhood is happening


I know the event is more than 2 months ago. I just found this photo in my phone. Bukit Batok has been having these movie nights pretty regular. I must say, at least once a year. Is that regular enough? I mean, I never seen these movie nights in the other estates that I have been living in in 29 years of my life, so that is regular enough in my books. Anyway, each time last a few nights. Although I never attended any of the movie nights - mainly because the movies did not interest me or I found out about them a tad too late or I had already made plans or I plainly forgot. Next time, I will try to go., seems pretty fun! The last 2 times the movie nights are held at this open space next to the HDB office, with plenty of those red plastic chairs for the movie goers. The movies are relatively current - they were screening Hellboy 2! Great thing is that you do not need to buy overpriced popcorn and drinks because you can bring your own.

Who needs to pay to go to movies in the park (or do they call it movies under the stars?) I just go to movies in the heartland!

No comments: