Thursday 15 March 2007

Pet Peeve

I have plenty of those because I am so anal. One that always gets my goat is when people try to act all smart in front of me, and then, try to make me look and feel stupid. Or when I raised some topic, and get it brushed aside with a "not interested" plainly because these twats do not know anything about the topic and are too proud to admit it (even when they are pretty interested in what I have to say.)

By the way, how did "getting my goat" came to mean getting agitated?

I don't mind if you go all smug and cocky and try to be smart about things, but please, when I ask you stuff, it does not mean that I do not know a single thing about it and please don't treat me like some kind of dodo! Keep your egos in check, please. You will only be embarrassing yourself really.

What got me writing this entry? Why, I encountered someone who exactly did that to me recently. I got so pissed, I got really sarcastic and went on blasting him without him realising that, and he soon became a form of entertainment to me. It is sad that this is the way that he is treating friends.

Of course, I am a fairly reasonable person. She will not just do that to anyone just like that. And of course, I am not stupid too (although he likes to think that she is), she knows when someone is joking and when someone is not. This has been going on forever and so far I have been really polite, trying as much as I can to be interested (or at least look the part) in his really boring life, steering him to other topics other than his own (I always get brushed aside when that happens), remain calm (amazingly) when he goes on and on and acting like he is smarter than I am.

It is no wonder that he is losing friends faster than he can talk about his mundane life.
I am wicked.

No comments: