Friday 18 May 2012

Kindle

My Kindle in sunny Bali!
Have I ever mentioned how awesome the Kindle is??????????? Yes I bought a Kindle. Bought it a year ago. I wrote an entry on it 2 year ago. What made me change my mind about it? Mainly it is the price tag. It has dropped to below 200 USD. Of course I was tempted!

 After getting it, I became a book slut. Jumping from one book to another. Something that I never do when I read real books. I don't have a lot of books yet. A lot of parenting ones, which I am not all too keen to keep but still want to read those because I am such a clueless parent. Fiction I still prefer buying a hard copy. Nothing more romantic than a good old book in hand, with hours and hours to spare and a nice drink at the side. Sigh, gone are such days.

After a year, I am still as in love with it as I first got it. I was blown away by the e ink. It absolutely looks just like book prints! I wish I had it before I had kids. I will bring it everywhere with me. Sit down at a cafe and read to my heart's content. Soon... those days will be back. I just need to cart them both to child care. WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who loves to read and thinks it will kill the reading pleasure - It won't! Go get it. It will be one of the best things that you can do for yourself. You can't carry The Odyssey or Ulysses around all the time right?

Another good thing? There are free classic ebooks to be had! Now, tell me that doesn't do it for you!

No comments: