Wednesday 19 January 2011

My Little Helper

She is helping me make pasta salad!

Putting in the peas into the pasta, and sometimes pausing to pop a few into her mouth. I wouldn't be too sure if there are any half eaten ones in that bowl.

She is forever curious with what I am doing in the kitchen. She demands me to bring her up there with me all the time. I am really considering with I should get one of those toddler helper things like FunPod, Learning Tower, or the Kitchen Helper . Problem with these things are, they are so bleeding bulky!

I can't always put her in the sink nor on the table top. It is an accident waiting to happen no matter how watchful and careful I am. With toddlers, they move fast and can be pretty unpredictable at times.

As much as I enjoy my times in the kitchen with her, having teatime, doing prep work, doing some washing, I do sometimes wish she is able to play on her own a little more. She doesn't seem to be attached too much to any of her toys, preferring instead to flip books now. Prefer it more if we can do it together. Yes, I am very very happy that she has taken to books in such a big way, but there are some times when I wonder why she doesn't really totally dig anything else. Now that I think about it, she does like her Happyland set though...

I suppose they will all grow up and want some kind of independence. I suppose that I should just enjoy the times now that she wants to just spend all her time with me, they do grow up fast you know :)

No comments: