Wednesday 1 July 2009

Yokohama




I hate posing for photos, especially under the hot sun.



I just have to try McPork.. Too salty for my liking.
Yokohama is just half and hour way by train and it can be pretty different. It is a port city of 2 million people and its pace isn't as frenetic. There is this area called Minato Mirai where all the huge shopping malls (again) are. The biggest chinatown in Japan is also in Yokohama. We walked pretty much everywhere in Yokohama, from Minato Mirai all the way to Yamate, where you can find some European looking buildings. We were tired when we got to Yamate, and it was getting a little late, and so we didn't stay there too long. It was too quiet for us to be venturing around.
Parts of the city reminds me of Australia. It has got to do with some of the buildings there. It was nice walk to Yamate, walking through the park near the harbour, going pass some interesting buildings. We sat at the park for a while, taking a break, buying some drinks from Lawson's. The Lawson's we went to has a Dick Bruna theme. My goodness, there were Miffys everywhere there! I refrained from the merchandise, I almost bought this sand play set, that comes with a cute bucket, a cute scoop and some other things. Kekekekeke!
We had dinner at the Ramen Museum. I thought I could go through 3 small bowls, but we were full and stopped at 2. It really is more like a theme park than a museum. We had some good retro kitschy fun there.

No comments: