Tuesday 14 July 2009

The Night Festival


I decided that we should head down to the Night Fest since we didn't really have anything planned. It would be fun, and a good photo opp too. Not that the photos are that great anyway. Still, beat the horrid looking skies we had been having last week. There were some performances going on and the museums were open til 2am and the best thing is admission is free to all of them! Good news to me since I wanted to visit the Panton exhibit and also, I have been a little curious about the Peranakan Museum.












Tons of people at the Peranakan Museum, with artists giving free caricatures, some band singing and free candy floss. There were queues forming everywhere in the museum, waiting for their caricatures to be done and the candy floss machine must be overworked too, judging by the number of people waiting for their candy.





The grand finale was Loop of Fortune by a German act. Singaporeans are suckers for pyrotechnics, of course having fire works was a must have. I don't quite get what they were trying to express in this performance but I enjoyed the fireworks at the end of it. The National Museum looked sparkling good too! The Husband didn't think I was able to make it til 12 midnight! I did, somehow time passed really fast that day. I was tired at the end of it, but on our way back to the car, I remembered I hadn't been to the Wu Guan Zhong's exhibit at the SAM! Despite being pretty tired, I suggested we had a peek at the paintings.
Somehow I enjoyed the performance from last year's more. Boats, pianos, giant balls and dancers flying by the facade of the museum. I remember there was this other performance after the main one with a performer splashing around in a huge glass bowl filled with water. I thought she was amazing! Too bad, I ran out of batteries way before that.

2 comments:

nephos said...

Wah... I love illuminated pics.

The Sleeping Dragon said...

luv the psychedellic retro looking stuff!