Friday 9 January 2009

Chinese New Year

is upon us! There is hardly a break in between the festivities this time round. I have barely recover from the madness that is Christmas and in 2 weeks it is Chinese New Year.

Time flies. The older you get, the faster time seems to pass. I suppose, it is because the older we get, a year becomes a smaller percentage of our entire lives. A year is 100 percent to a one year old, 10 per cent to a 10 year old. Just 3.33 percent to a 30 year old. No wonder 2008 past me so fast!

In the next two weeks, it will be spring cleaning time. Cleaning windows, washing the curtains, getting red packets ready. Get The Husband a new shirt or two. Alter The Husband's 2 pairs of new pants. Buy mandarins. Line the kitchen shelves. Plenty plenty to do! But it is a good kind of busy. I love the rush and madness of festivities. Even the last minute shopping, even when I say how much I hate it, in some ways, I kinda enjoy it too. There is something different during festivities, something very positive. It makes me feel optimistic, like there are plenty of things worthy to look forward to. Times like this, remind me how blessed I am, and how much love I have around me. I look forward to the gambling too. Somehow, it is one of the few chinese traditions that I will observe for the rest of the chinese new years that have yet to come.

1 comment:

nephos said...

Are you a mathematician? Your hypothesis is amazing :p