Saturday 23 August 2008

Trippin'


The chance of a short weekend trip next month has become pretty likely and it was suggested by the husband no less. We have been thinking about where we should go, and we can't decide. With the NZ trip a month away from this possible weekender trip, I do not wish to spend too much.


So, where can we go for 3 nights? The usual suspect is Bangkok. Other destinations are Bali, Langkawi, Sri Lanka, and Sabah. For once, I cannot decide where to go.
Sri Lanka has some really gorgeous resorts. The room rate is equally attractive too. The tea plantation resorts are to die for! Goodness, talk about a colonial hangover. Peaceful and quiet, it will be a nice retreat. I do feel that we will need more than 3 nights.


I miss Bali, I have been wanting to go back. The resorts are sooooo nice too! But with an impending Kiwi trip, it is a little too much to spend.


What about Sabah? Husband says the cockroaches are huge over there. That puts me off already, although i doubt that is true.

Langkawi? Tax free, cheap beer, and nothing to do. I think I can short list that.


I suspect that we will end up in Bangkok. We need a little chaos before all the quietness of New Zealand. Plus, it is cheaper than the other places that I mentioned above (not counting the shopping that I may be doing). A lot of decent hotels at decent rates. Plenty to eat, a lot to see and do. It is no wonder we flock to BKK! As terrible as it may sound, but i do put in more effort chosing an accommodation than most people I know. I did a quick google on Bangkok hotels and found some really nice ones at affordable rates. There is Dream Bangkok, The Metropolitan Bangkok - this one is a little pricey, but it is a Como Shambhala hotel! There is one that is named literally, Bangkok Boutique Hotel. What about the Pullman Bangkok? Looks pretty interesting. Singaporeans love to stay at the Pathumwan Princess, must be a good location to all the shopping and makan. Ang Mos seem prefer the faraway places. I wonder why.

No comments: