Tuesday 18 July 2006

Hoarder's Therapy

I have succumbed to the cleanliness freak in me and cleared a whole lot of stuff in my room. I threw away plenty of stuffed toys and gave up a few for adoption to Nick. Strangely, it didn't hurt and all! Ha, I thought I wouldn't be able to do it, but I did it, and with great gusto I must add! I even found some stuffing for my ring pillow in one of the toys...

I have been trying to recycle paper since I was in secondary school. I hate throwing away exercise books that still had some pages unused. What I would do is, I would tear those pages out of the exercise books and keep them for rough use later. Boy, I have plenty of those papers in my room. So, when I cleared up some work stuff last night, I did the brave thing of not doing that! I just threw away paper that I know I can recycle. No mean feat for a hoarder I tell you that...

Into the garbage bag went the bridal mags I bought and some home design ones as well. I have no need of them now! I tore out the pages I found useful and chuck the rest. Oh and also some toiletries. Especially those samples that beauty counters love giving out.. That was pretty painless too. I cleared out some of my books some time ago, I have yet to make the trip down to Salvation Army to give it to them. They are still in good condition, most of my books are, unless they are really old or if that book has been lent to someone else. I do take care of my books a lot, if only I have the time (more like if I am not too lazy) I would have my books wrapped up!

Tonight will be another round of clearing. This time, It would be my cosmetics (gasp!) my clothes (sigh!) shoes (argh!) and my bags (yikes!) not expecting a whole lot of stuff to be thrown away since I do clear those things pretty often. And Regina has developed a habit of conveniently borrowing my make up and not returning some of the items now and then. Not that I'm upset about it. She does not touch the expensive ones just those that I told her that she can use if she wants to. I am thinking of buying her a nice set of brushes since my blusher brush is always missing. Maybe a Body Shop set, nothing too expensive still affordable. :)
I do feel very good after the massive cleanout! Perhaps even better after tonight's cleaning. Cleaning does have a strange therapeutic effect on me...

I am guessing that I would need say about 6 or 7 boxes for all my stuff. Ha! That is a quite a modest number don't you think?

No comments: