Thursday 29 November 2007

I-Love-Yous

I love you.

We don't say it enough do we? I don't mean just to your partners, but to family members and to friends whom we loved as well. In an asian society such as the one that I lived in, it is rare to hear it in households. We are almost embarrassed to show affection towards one another. It has never been in the culture. I love my family, and I hope that they feel it. I do stuff to show them that I care and that I love them. Maybe I don't show it enough.

It would be nice to hear it from friends and family don't you think? Especially when you are down and feeling so blue and lonely. Those are the times when you just need to know that someone out there loves you. Knowing purely just that will ease my pain immediately. That is why I think of my husband and my family when I don't feel so good. Thinking and talking about the people I love always gets me teary. Thinking about how much these people love me gets me teary too!

I feel truly blessed, to have so many people who love me even without them telling me that they do. Just the other day, I was thinking about this dear dear friend of mine, and I was thinking how much he means to me. So, there I was in my living room thinking that I should let him know how grateful I am to have him in my life, then the next day, he text-ed me saying how thankful he was to have me as a friend. AAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He beat me to it! It was such a sweet message and I do feel so touched.

Just to let these people know, I love you too! With all my heart :) You know who you guys are, I don't have to be so blatant right. After all we are asians.

No comments: