Wednesday 18 July 2007

Comfort Food



My brother highly recommended the triple chocolate cereal, so i bought it. Eat it with chocolate milk, very POWER. At the risk of having nose bleeds, I will just stick to normal low fat milk. I can eat cereals any day of the time. Supper, in front of the TV, afternoon reading the papers. It is one of those comfort food. We are such creature of comforts...

Apple and cinnamon go really well don't you think? I can't think of a better match for apples than cinnamon. It is one of those classic food pairings. Like thyme and chicken or basil and tomatoes. The smell always puts a smile on my face. I love having some really hot apple crumble with vanilla ice cream on a rainy day! One of life's pleasures! I remember Ken and I would always go down to the Black Jack Cafe (when it was still below Hard Rock Cafe and when they were still carrying Kate Spade) for just that after school. Brings back good memories for me.
I love a huge greasy juicy burgers when I am really hungry. I like the satiated feeling I get after I am done wolfing down the burger. Another comfort food of mine.
I love bak changs too, I don't eat it often, usually just on dun wu jie, but I love it no less.
I love love love that chicken rice stall in Ubi Ave! I used to eat it ever so often when I was living there. I still make my way there, braving the horrid Eunos traffic just to have that. It was such a family affair.

The ultimate comfort for me has got to be my mum's chicken curry, very healthy, she uses part coconut milk, part low fat milk, some curry purists will scoff at this, but I ADORE IT! It must be accompanied with her fried bee hoon. Shioka-doo-da-doos! Most times now, she only cooks either items, so when there is curry and no bee hoon, I love eating mee sua drenched in a pool of curry. Heavenly, although bizarre sounding, it is really yummy!

No comments: