Sunday 12 October 2008

Breakfast


Sunday's breakfast was at Scruffy's. It has been a while since we have gone there. Probably about a year? Or more. Sometimes you just wanna eat a nice hearty (not to mention greasy) fry up for breakfast. I hate cleaning up after a fry up, not a nice way to start a sunday don't you think?

I remember once in a while, my mum would treat us to a breakfast fry up, and we will all get pretty excited the night before. I can't imagine eating that all the time every morning. Breakfasts or brunches have become a thing that we do every Sunday. It is part of the Sunday ritual!
When I used to work, I would make myself a coffee and have some cereal, or sometimes just a sandwich, nothing too fancy. Then I will read the papers. It was a habit til, er, I started working from home. HAHAHAHAHA. I should get that back into routine, talking about it now makes me miss those days.

The husband had more lavish breakfasts at home. He will have fried eggs with bread, sometimes luncheon meat. Sometimes porridge with numerous side dishes. Makes me feel like I am mistreating him now. I used to make my own ham and cheese omelette for lunch after school. I was hooked on that for months! I love it! I made french toast before that omelette craze started. Then it was just porridge with Marmite or Borvil. Now I am too lazy to cook and eat lunch alone.

No comments: