Thursday 11 October 2007

First Year


It has been a year since I moved in on my own. No maid to clean after me, no mother to brew me coffee. I guess despite that, I think I am doing pretty fine.


It is as though it wasn't long ago that I just did my renovation. Somehow, the place still seems pretty new to me. Maybe it is because there are still empty shelves in the kitchen, and shelves that are taken up, they are not choked full of stuff yet. The shelves in the study though, that is a different story. They are all full! That is one reason why I am not buying as many books as before and that has prevented me from renewing my kinokuniya member card. I wanted full length custom made book shelves but decided against it, since we might use it for someone else in the future.


The place still feels a little sparse, with not a lot of stuff lying around. These things take time you know, filling up a place TAKES TIME and patience. I want to buy things that reflects a little of us (so so so cliche!) or at least things that we really really love. Usually things that we really really love, cost an obscene amount of mola, so have to save up and buy, or just fantasize!
I am happy with how most things went. I might have changed a thing or two, like being fussy with the soddy, poor excuse of a window job, the curtains - I would very much want black iron wrought railings. The towel racks were a disaster.


I am still pushing and pulling my furniture about trying to get them looking prefect. I am glad that I didn't have much things fixed permanently since I can be so fickle! Apart from the kitchen cabinets and the bedroom wardrobe, nothing much is unmovable.


So after a year, I am still thinking about how to make things look better, I am still trying to keep the place as spanking clean as my mum's (an almost impossible task, since she mops the freaking executive flat TWICE a day! Executive leh, how the hell she do it? And what the heck for? Once a day not enough meh?). This is like my never ending task for me to organise and reorganise stuff. As strange as it sounds, I love to organise! Basically, I love working with my hands, crafts to fix- its to cleaning to DIYs.


My flat is one big project.

No comments: