Saturday 19 May 2007

Marmite


I used to eat Marmite with porridge A LOT when I was young(er). Actually I eat more Borvril than Marmite. I love both, it is sad to know that there isn't any beef in Borvril anymore. Tis all the English men's fault. See lah, feed dunno what rubbish to your cows, all go mad!

I would stir a huge huge spoonful of that yummy stuff into my porridge and eat up. Simple, fuss free and comforting. I brought Marmite just to eat it with porridge. I used to stir it into hot water as a nice alternative to Milo, or spread it on bread. I know most people don't do that, so they will think that it is pretty gross. It tastes better than it sounds. Really. Have a go at it.
Don't ever buy Vegemite - unless you are Australian - that thing sucks. It shouldn't even be allowed on the shelves of supermarkets. I brought some while in Australia and boy, what a gastronomic mistake. I guess it is more an Aussie version of Marmite. I was at this Museum in Sydney and there was a little write up on Vegemite. The sales gotten so bad, they wanted to change the name to Pawill, with the slogan that goes " If Marmite, Pawill!" You say cock or not? It is even beyond corny.

Anyone going to UK or not? Buy this for me when you come back can?

No comments: